Tuesday 25 February 2014

Re: California civil lawsuit-Contracts. I was served with a summons and complaint and I filed my response within 30 days. I received a Reque...

Question

Re: California civil lawsuit-Contracts. I was served with a summons and complaint and I filed my response within 30 days. I received a Request for Entry of Default form from my creditors lawyer, today. On the form, the total amounts requested is $0 for everything including demand of complaint, judgment to be entered and costs. I don't know if I should respond to this notice, or if this notice is saying they are no longer requesting me to pay. Can you please help???



Answer

This strikes me as odd.

The Request for Entry of Default will be rejected if your response papers are on file. I also do not understand why anyone would attempt to enter a default for no money.

I would contact opposing counsel and see if this is a mistake.



No comments:

Post a Comment