Tuesday 28 October 2014

I got divorced 5 years ago and somehow my ex got custody of our daughter he tricked me. He is an alcoholic and had now started abusing our d...

Question

I got divorced 5 years ago and somehow my ex got custody of our daughter he tricked me. He is an alcoholic and had now started abusing our daughter physically when he is drunk. I've contacted a few attorneys but bc of the holidays I haven't heard back. I'm suppose to send her back January 5 but I don't feel safe doing that. We were divorced in Texas and I live in Texas he is in Colorado if I don't send her back before getting emergency temporary custody can I go to jail? Scared mom and not sure what to do



Answer

If you don't obey the court order, your ex could file a motion to hold you in contempt of court.

Also, he could file a civil action against you for interference with child custody.

Suggest you call the local district attorney's office.



No comments:

Post a Comment