Thursday 23 October 2014

What is the proper procedure for filing sibling visitation rights in Illinois? I know it's one of the few states with them, and I know it's ...

Question

What is the proper procedure for filing sibling visitation rights in Illinois? I know it's one of the few states with them, and I know it's probably a long shot, but it's really in the best interest that I try. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable. I've already requested mediation with a court approved mediator, and I'm waiting to hear a response but I need to know what the next steps are if the mediation doesn't work.



Answer

607 gives a sibling the right to seek visitation under the ground rules set forth in the statute. It is a new law suit which you would probably file in the family division of the court in the county where the minor with whom you are seeking visitation with.



No comments:

Post a Comment