Monday 27 October 2014

I was in an accident. Hit from behind. no one was hurt in either car. Some damage was done to my vehicle and the person who hit me agreed to...

Question

I was in an accident. Hit from behind. no one was hurt in either car. Some damage was done to my vehicle and the person who hit me agreed to pay me for the damages if I did not call the police, She could not find her insurance card and she had two small children in the car so I let her go with the handshake agreement that she would pay, She assured me with saying" I m a woman of my word, I will pay you do not worry"

I have received nothing from her. I have spoken to her and each time she has agreed to pay and nothing happens. What recorse do I have now?

I have her lisence information name dob, address and the plates of her car.

any info on what to do would be great.



Answer

Since you were not at fault so no points will be assessed against you, contact your insurance company and have them go after her. If they will not get back any deductible they charge you, then you will have to sue her in Small Claims Court. Or you can give her one last call and tell her she can pay in one lump sum or be sued and have to pay the filing fees and your expenses. You will have problems collecting from her so it is better to make the claim with your insurance company.



No comments:

Post a Comment