Sunday 5 October 2014

My neighbor mows a portion of my lawn while I am at work. He has successfully gained ownership of a small strip of land from another neighbo...

Question

My neighbor mows a portion of my lawn while I am at work. He has successfully gained ownership of a small strip of land from another neighbor by proving he has maintained it. I am a single mom, and he has a criminal and psychiatric history so I am hesitant to confront him. There is a line of large trees separating our property but no fence,and I can't really afford to put on up.



Answer

If you give him permission he can't obtain the property by adverse possesion. Have a lawyer draft a license and record it at the Registry of Deeds. It is revocable at will and you don't have to tell your neighbor.



Answer

Mr. Pransky is correct.



Answer

Just thought I would confirm that the others are correct. There is likely an easy fix to this, but just make sure you do not ignore it. Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment